AAA: Tacoma 7, Sacramento 4
- After getting a lot of hits in Sacramento, but not much power for three weeks, Mauricio Dubón has hit his second home run in the last week. Over his last 6 games, Dubón is 8-for-22 (.364) with a double and two home runs, and four walks to four strikeouts.
- Jason Krizan had gone hitless for four games before Monday, breaking the streak with a home run among two hits. He also drew a walk, giving him 11 walks to 10 strikeouts in the month of July.
- Heliot Ramos had gone 0-for-7 over his last four games, though with six walks, but picked up his first double at Sacramento with a streak-breaking hit. Ramos is 2-for-16 (.125) in Sacramento with seven strikeouts to six walks.
- Joe McCarthy picked up his 16th double of the season. He also picked up his 27th walks, to compare to 49 strikeouts in 233 at-bats this season.
- Matt Frisbee cut down on his hits allowed, allowing just six hits in a start at Sacramento for the second time (he’s allowed less than six once). He gave up another home run, which was his 10th home run allowed in July, and 16th in Sacramento this season, in 49.0 innings.
AA, High-A, & Low-A: Scheduled Day Off
ACL: ACL Rockies 7, ACL Giants Black 4
ACL Giants Black Notes:
- 2020 draft pick Nick Swiney made his return for his first rehab appearance. The 2nd round (compensation) pick had not appeared since his season debut on May 7th due to a concussion.
- Dilan Rosario hit his second home run of the season. In the AZL in 2019, he hit five in 47 games.
- Jacob Gonzalez had the team’s only 2-hit game. He’s had three of those in his last four starts. Through nine ACL games, he’s batting .360/.438/.640.
- Jorge Garcia regressed after his breakout start last week where he struck out 11 in 5.0 innings, allowing four runs in 4.0 innings, and striking out just five. Garcia was working a relief role behind Swiney’s 1-inning start.
ACL: ACL Giants Orange 7, ACL Cubs 3
ACL Giants Orange Notes:
- Edison Mora led the Orange team with a 3-hit game, his first since July 6th, and also picked up his 6th stolen base of the summer (18 games in the ACL). He has yet to be caught. He did not attempt any steals during his 15 games with San Jose earlier this season.
- Adrian Sugastey played in his first game since July 22nd, collecting another two hits. He’s 19-for-57 (.333) this season, with five walks to 12 strikeouts.
- Trevor McDonald took the lion’s share of the inning in relief, going 5.0 innings in relief for the second time. He struck out six to no walks, and allowed four hits, with the only run coming on a home run.
- Jesus Gona allowed his first run of the summer, an unearned run. In 6.0 innings, he’s struck out 10 and walked one, allowing just four hits.
DSL: DSL Giants Black 8, DSL Brewers1 7
DSL Giants Black Notes:
- Yeison Lemos broke a 2-game hitelss streak with a 2-hit day. He’s batting .323/432/.452 on the summer.
- Mauricio Pierre hit his 4th double of the summer. He’s 12-for-36 with half of his hits going for extra bases (four doubles, two home runs).
- Samir Chires has a nice run going as a reliever, with three scoreless appearances. In 5.2 innings total, he’s allowed seven hits and one walk, and just two strikeouts, but no runs yet.
DSL: DSL Mariners 14, DSL Giants Orange 2
DSL Giants Orange Notes:
- Derwin Laya got the Orange team’s only extra-base hit, with his third double of the season. He opened the season with four walks in three games, but has collected just one since, compared to six strikeouts.
- Jhosward Camacho got a hit and also picked up his fifth steal on the season, and has yet to be caught in seven games.