AAA: Scheduled Day Off
AA: Richmond 6, Altoona 0
- David Villar is 8-for-14 (.571) with three doubles and two home runs over his last four games.
- After another 2-hit day, Heath Quinn is now 7-for-20 (.350) with a double and two home runs after five games back in Double-A.
- Akeel Morris had his second scoreless appearance out of four since coming back down to Triple-A. In four starts since coming back, Morris has a 0.72 ERA, and has struck out 23 to five walks and 14 hits in 25.0 innings.
High-A: Tri-City 3, Eugene 1
- Jairo Pomares did something he hasn’t done all season before, which is hitting a triple. In nine games at Eugene, he has one double, one triple, and one home run. He still has yet to take his first walk in High-A, however.
- Sean Roby continues to hit well in August, with his 8th double of the month, and 21st of the entire season.
- Ricardo Genovés hit his first double since August 17th, giving him eight in High-A to go alongside six home runs.
- Jake Dahlberg had a solid start for Eugene, allowing just four hits, but also a season-high in walks with just two. He’s struck out 37 in 27.1 innings, allowing just four walks this season.
Low-A: San Jose 7, Lake Elsinore 0
San Jose Notes:
- Patrick Bailey is finding himself in San Jose, with arguably his best game yet this season. He hit two doubles, giving him nine in San Jose, and also his fourth home run. He’s batting .273/.381/.485 after 27 games at Low-A.
- Harrison Freed followed up his 4-hit game with a 2-double game. Two days ago, he was batting .217/.304/.326. Now his batting line is .240/.321/.370.
- Ghordy Santos hit his second double in San Jose. Overall, he’s hit 3 doubles this season across 64 games between High-A and the ACL.
- With 3 innings of work, Nick Swiney had his most innings since returning from injury, and also a new season-high in strikeouts with seven. In San Jose, Swiney has 18 strikeouts to four walks in 9.1 innings.