AAA: Postponed due to Power Outage
AA: Richmond 10, Akron 4
- Frankie Tostado hit his 18th double and 13th home run, his second home run in three days.
- David Villar extended his hitting streak to eight games, with his second 3-hit effort in that span. Villar has raised his batting line from .269 to .282 since the start of the run, and increased his slugging percentage from .482 to .512.
- Simon Whiteman hit his second double in as many days, and also added two walks to his record. In a total of 331 at-bats this season between both levels, Whiteman has struck out 114 times to 52 walks.
- Michael Plassmeyer got the start, striking out six and walking none, though he did hit two batters. Plassmeyer has hit three batters this season while with Richmond over 75.0 innings, and all three have come in his last two starts (8.1 innings).
High-A: No Game Scheduled
- Eugene is not scheduled this weekend due to scheduling conflicts. Their season will continue on Tuesday.
Low-A: San Jose 11, Stockton 6
San Jose Notes:
- Luis Matos is on quite a run, having gotten on base in 12 straight plate appearances over his last three games, including five singles, two doubles, two home runs, and three walks. Over his last three games, his batting line has jumped from .300/.339/.460 to .324/.444/.595.
- First round pick Will Bednar made his debut at Low-A, going two innings and allowing the first hits of his pro career. He also allowed his first run, an unearned run, so his career ERA remains at 0.00.
- Abdiel Layer hit his second home run in three games, giving him 12 on the season. In September, he’s 10-for-30 with a double, a triple, and two home runs.
- Jimmy Glowenke hit his first home run of the month of September, his 11th overall this season. Glowenke has a 4-game hitting streak going, having gone 7-for-15 with a home run and four walks over the span.