AAA: Sacramento 9, Las Vegas 2
- Wyatt Mathisen hit a grand slam for his third home run of his last five games, giving him five with Sacramento, and ten total for him across the four teams he’s played for this season.
- Mike Tauchman hit his third home run with Sacramento in his 33rd game there. Tauchman is batting .257/.371/.446 back in Triple-A.
- Heliot Ramos continues a strong run, with his fourth straight multi-hit game. He’s 9-for-18 over his last four games, all singles. Ramos left the game in the top of the 6th as Braden Bishop replaced him defensively. There was no clear reason for the replacement.
- Joey Bart had a double in his second consecutive game, giving him 15 on the season in Sacramento. Bart is batting .295/.357/.480 on the season.
- Matt Shoemaker had his first start without allowing a walk in just over a month. Shoemaker struck out 37 with six walks in 36.1 IP.
AA: Erie 8, Richmond 4
- Frankie Tostado hit his 14th home run of the season, his third of the final month of the season. He’s four away from his season high of 18 in 2019 with Augusta.
- Sandro Fabian picked up his 15th home run of the season. Fabian is batting .260/.294/.425 on the season.
- Jacob Heyward got his 12th home run of the season, his third in six games played in September. Heyward tied his career high with the home run, matching his 2018 total hit San Jose, in 38 more games.
- David Villar hit his 28th double as his best season of his career comes to a close. He’s batting .297/.409/.568 with 28 doubles and 20 home runs.
- Michael Plassmeyer struggled a bit, giving up six runs, three earned, but with seven strikeouts. With Richmond, he has 91 strikeouts to 16 walks in 79.2 innings.
High-A: Eugene 5, Tri-City 0
- Tyler Fitzgerald hit his 19th home run, and first extra-base hit of September. Fitzgerald is just 4-for-32 (.125) in the month.
- Ismael Munguia’s double, his 22nd of the season, and keeps Munguia’s hitting streak alive, now at 10 games. Munguia’s batting line is up to .336/.366/.502.
- Ryan Murphy made his return after leaving the September 2nd game during warmups, and it was a triumphant return. He allowed just one hit in 4.0 innings while striking out eight. He has 48 strikeouts to 8 walks in 31.1 innings at High-A.
Low-A: San Jose 5, Fresno 2
San Jose Notes:
- Abdiel Layer had a big day. He hit his 11th double and 13th home runs of the season. On the year, though, he’s still got a batting line of .212/.270/.394.
- Another multi-hit game for Jimmy Glowenke, who has done that in three straight games, and six times in the last nine games. This time, he added his 12th home run on the season. His batting line is up to .256/.368/.428.
- Patrick Bailey picked up another 2-hit game, his 7th in September out of 15 games played. He’s 22-for-60 (.367) in the month.
- First round pick Will Bednar made his fourth appearance of the year, and second in San Jose, going for his longest start, 3.0 innings and allowing his first earned run.
ACL: ACL Giants Orange 6, ACL Giants Black 5
ACL Giants Black Notes:
- Victor Bericoto picked up another home run, giving him a home run in two consecutive games, and hits in all four games since his return.
- Ronaldo Flores went 3-for-3, and is now 7-for-10 over his last three games with a double and a triple.
- For the second straight game, Jacob Gonzalez was 2-for-4 with a double. He now has nine doubles in the ACL, and is batting .301/.360/.497 there.
- Kanoa Pagan had a rough game, giving up four unearned runs while getting just two outs, with one error behind him.
- Joe Kemlage struck out four, a season high in his five games so far this season. He has nine strikeouts to no walks in 6.1 IP.
ACL Giants Orange Notes:
- Adrian Sugastey picked up a pair of hits, his fourth game out of eight in September with two hits. Sugastey is batting .358/.405/.439 on the summer.
- Aeverson Arteaga has gone just 6-for-37 in September, but picked up a double, his first hit in four games. Arteaga has 12 doubles, a triple, and nine home runs on the season.
- Manuel Mercedes had a rough game himself, with his shortest start of nearly a month, going just 2.1 innings.
DSL: DSL Giants Black 4, DSL Giants Orange 2
DSL Giants Black Notes:
- It’s worth noting that the Giants Black team won with four runs on just two hits, three walks, and a hit batter, but were very much helped by three errors as well.
- Diego Gonzalez hit his fourth double of the season, three of them coming in his last two games played. In just 12 games, Gonzalez has four doubles in 7-for-28 hitting.
- Gustavo Cardozo picked up the team’s other hit. He’s batting .302/.388/.387 on the season, with 14 walks to 12 strikeouts in 106 AB.
- Gerelmi Maldonado went 5.0 innings, striking out four but walking none. On the season, Maldonado has 22 strikeouts to 12 walks in 22.1 innings.
DSL Giants Orange Notes:
- Samuel Rodriguez had a big day, going 2-for-3 with his 4th double and two stolen bases, giving him seven on the season in ten attempts.
- German Malave suffered through some defense behind him, for the second straight game allowing three unearned runs out of four total. Malave has allowed 17 runs in 23 innings, but just seven have been earned.