AAA: Reno 13, Sacramento 4
- Heliot Ramos was 1-for-4 from the leadoff position, knocking his sixth home run of the season. It’s Ramos’ second home run of the month, with his last coming on June 4th.
- Bryce Johnson was 3-for-3 with a walk, and two steals to give him 15 on the year. It was Johnson’s fourth 3-hit game of the season. With 15 steals in 18 attempts, he’s now halfway to his total in 2021 with Sacramento (30 in 34 attempts in 100 games).
- Jason Vosler went 2-for-4 with a walk and his second double of the season. In just 24 games at Triple-A, Vosler is hitting .202/.283/.348 with two doubles, a triple, and three home runs.
- In an ugly game, Enmanuel De Jesus allowed just three runs in 5.0 innings, on four hits and two walks with six strikeouts. De Jesus’s ERA is now 4.59, having risen from 3.86 just three games ago after he’d thrown a 5.0 inning shutout.
AA: Erie 5, Richmond 2
- Another day, another home run for Sean Roby, going 1-for-3 with a walk. His 16th home run extends his team lead, and he has three in his last three games. He also stole his first base of the season, home on a double steal.
- Shane Matheny was the only Squirrel with multiple hits, going 2-for-3 with a walk. Since coming back from a couple of weeks off, he has gone 5-for-10 (.500) with two walks and one strikeout over three games.
- Jake Dahlberg gave up three runs on six hits and a walk in 3.2 innings, in 5.0 innings. Dahlberg now has 52 strikeouts to 10 walks in 49.1 innings.
- Taylor Rashi threw two innings in relief, striking out five of the six batters he faced. Rashi now has 34 strikeouts to 12 walks in 22.2 innings overall, and 11 strikeouts to two walks over his last 5.2 innings (four appearances).
High-A: Eugene 8, Spokane 7
- Jairo Pomares went 3-for-5 with his seventh home run of the year, a 3-run walk-off home run to win the game. It’s Pomares second home run in four games, and his second straight multi-hit game.
- Casey Schmitt went 2-for-4, picking up his eighth home run of the season. It’s Schmitt’s first home run of June in nine games, and he’s had three multi-hit games in his last four games, so he’s batting 9-for-36 (.250) on the month.
- Hunter Bishop went 1-for-5 and got his sixth home run as his strong month continued. It’s his third home run of the month, and he’s now batting 9-for-29 (.310) on the month.
- Ghordy Santos went 3-for-5 at the leadoff spot, with his 10th double of the season. Over his last four games, Santos is 8-for-18 with two doubles and a home run.
- The start went to Mason Black, who struggle for the first time at High-A, allowing six runs on seven hits and two walks. The seven hits tied a season high allowed, and his two strikeouts were a season low at either level.
Low-A: Lake Elsinore 4, San Jose 3
San Jose Notes:
- Once again, it was Vaun Brown leading the team, going 2-for-5 with his 13th home run of the season. Brown is batting .350/.441/.645 with 11 doubles, four triples, and 13 home runs on the season.
- Alexander Suarez went 2-for-3 with his second double of the season and a sacrifice fly. The double was Suarez’s first extra-base hit since May 30th, when he had a home run. So far in June, he’s 5-for-26 (.188) with the double, and no walks to seven strikeouts.
- Starter Eric Silva gave up four runs in 5.0 innings, with six hits and two walks. He did it with two home runs given up. Over his last four games, Silva has given up four of the five home runs he’s allowed this year.
- Manuel Mercedes had his first game without allowing a baserunner, doing it over 3.0 innings. Over his last five games (13.0 innings) Mercedes has allowed just three runs, two earned, on five hits and five walks with 14 strikeouts.
ACL BLACK: Cancelled (COVID-19)
- There was no indication as to which team had the outbreak. They played each other on Thursday without a problem.
ACL: ACL D-backs Red 3, ACL Giants Orange 2
ACL Giants Orange Notes:
- Shortstop Diego Velasquez had one of the Orange team’s only two hits. He’s 3-for-15 (.200) with one double to start the season.
- Rafael Martinez was the starting pitcher. He allowed a pair of runs in 4.1 innings on three hits and two walks with four strikeouts. Martinez had a 7.88 ERA in 13 games in the ACL in 2021, and has a career 6.00 over four pro seasons
DSL: DSL Giants Black 9, DSL Twins 4
DSL Giants Black Notes:
- First baseman-outfielder Guillermo Williamson went 1-for-4, but hit his first home run of the season, and his pro career.
- Moises De La Rosa went 1-for-2 with his first double of the year. Over three games, he’s 4-for-8 with that double, and two walks to two strikeouts.
- Fernando Estrella was the starter, giving up four runs, three earned, on three hits and two walks in 4.0 innings. It was his first pro start after signing.
DSL: DSL Giants Orange 4, DSL Tigers 1 3
DSL Giants Orange Notes:
- Jediael Maduro went 1-for-3 with a walk and his first double of the season. He’s 5-for-13 (.385) this season, after hitting .250/.402/.321 last season.
- Ryan Reckley still is without a hit in his pro career, but walked three times and stole his first base in his first attempt. He’s 0-for-13 through four games, with six walks to six strikeouts.
- Cesar Perdomo made his first pro start, going 4.0 scoreless innings with two hits and a walk allowed, and six strikeouts.