AAA: Salt Lake 3, Sacramento 1
- The big news of this game was Casey Schmitt’s debut at Triple-A, where he went 1-for-4 with a single and two strikeouts. Schmitt began the season in High-A Eugene, where he hit .273/.363/.474 and earning a successful mid-season promotion to Double-A, where he hit .342/.378/.517. Schmitt, a 2nd-round pick in the 2020 draft, is the first draftee by Farhan Zaidi to make it to Triple-A.
- DH Yermin Mercedes hit his 8th home run with Sacramento on a 2-for-4 day. In 37 games with the River Cats hit .268/.329/.472 with five doubles and eight home runs.
- Austin Dean got on base four times, going 1-for-2 with three walks. It gives Dean 38 walks to 93 strikeouts on the year in 113 games, and is batting .271/.349/.474.
- Almost matching Dean was Jhonny Pereda, who was 1-for-2 with two walks. That gives Pereda 34 walks to 41 strikeouts, and is batting .270/.368/.377 on the year through 64 games. That matches the number of games he played in 2021 between Double-A and Triple-A in the Red Sox organization, batting .246/.343/.325.
- Starter Enmanuel De Jesus went 2.2 innings, giving up three runs, two earned, with six hits and one walk with three strikeouts. It’s the most runs DeJesus had given up since July 27th. He’s lowered his ERA from 5.06 to 4.50 in those nearly two months.
- Norwith Gudino struck out four in 2.2 innings while allowing two hits. It’s Gudino’s highest strikeout total since August 26th. Gudino now has a 8.87 ERA in 26 games, with 60 strikeouts to 31 walks in 47.2 innings.