One *almost* game today, as Eugene plays on the regular day off in a schedule quirk, but someone forgot to tell the rain to take the day off.
High-A: Suspended in 3rd Inning – Eugene 5, Vancouver 1
- The game will be picked up on Thursday and played as part of a DH. Eugene will have the next two days off due to a mid-week series being played by roommates the University of Oregon. Eugene and Vancouver also will be playing a doubleheader on Saturday.
- Casey Schmitt led the way by going 2-for-2 in the early innings, with his sixth home run of the year. It’s his first home run since hitting two on May 4th, and provisionally extends his team lead, as he’s ahead of both Marco Luciano and Armani Smith, who have four.
- Hunter Bishop was 1-for-2 with what will be his first double of the season. So far this year, Bishop is 8-for-68 (.118) with his only extra base hits being three home runs.
- Also hitting a double early in this game is Carter Aldrete, who had his third. Aldrete was 8-for-43 (.186) before this game with two doubles and two home runs.
- The start was handled by Wil Jensen, his third start of the season, and bounced back from allowing three runs in his last start. He struck out seven while allowing a run on one hit (a home run) with two walks. Once it becomes official, Jensen will have 24 strikeouts in 15.1 innings of work this year.