AAA, AA, High-A, & Low-A: No Game Scheduled
ACL: ACL Giants Black 16, ACL Angels 4
ACL Giants Black Notes:
- Center fielder P.J. Hilson picked up his first triple and second double of the season, going 2-for-4 with a walk and a HBP. All three of his hits of this season (3-for-16) are for extra bases, with the triple and two doubles.
- Right fielder Jared Dupere went 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles, his first two of the season. Dupere hit .263 with six doubles, a triple, and two home runs in 29 games in the ACL last season.
- Also with two doubles was second baseman Hayden Cantrelle, who was 2-for-5 with a walk. Cantrelle was who the Giants got from the Marlins for Luke Williams. He had hit .185/.312/.337 for 28 games in Double-A to start the season.
- Third baseman Elian Rayo went 2-for-4 with his first triple of the season and two doubles. Rayo has gone 5-for-17 (.294) through five games this season with a double, a triple, and home run.
- Starter Nomar Medina gave up three runs on eight hits in 4.0 innings, with five strikeouts. In 8.0 innings this season, he’s allowed 12 hits with nine strikeouts but no walks.
ACL: ACL D-backs Black 5, ACL Giants Orange 3
ACL Giants Orange Notes:
- Right fielder Tyler Forner was the only Giants with an extra-base hit and more than one hit, going 2-for-3 with a double, his second of the season. Forner has gone 5-for-14 (.357) with two doubles and a walk in five games this season.
- Designated hitter Cesar Quintas went 1-for-2 with a sacrifice fly. Quintas has gone 3-for-19 (.158) through his first six games.
- Mikell Manzano gave up a pair of runs on seven hits and a walk, with five strikeouts in 4.0 innings. In 9.0 innings this season, Manzano has allowed 12 hits, and struck out 11 to three walks.
DSL: DSL PIT Black 7, DSL Giants Black 3
DSL Giants Black Notes:
- Third baseman Jean Carlos Sio went 1-for-3 with his first double of the season. He’s now 5-for-20 (.250) with a double, a triple, three walks to four strikeouts and two steals.
- Left fielder Eliam Sandoval also was 1-for-3 with a double, also his first. Through four games, Sandoval has gone 4-for-16 (.250), but with the double and two home runs.
- First baseman Guillermo Williamson had a perfect on-base day, going 2-for-2 with two singles and a HBP. Williamson has a .273/.333/.455 batting line through six games, but with just one walk to seven strikeouts.
- The starting pitcher was Ricardo Estrada, making his second start of the season. He allowed four runs on three hits and two walks with four strikeouts in 2.2 innings. He has a 6.75 ERA through 6.2 innings, having allowed eight runs, just five earned, in seven hits and two walks.
DSL: DSL LAD Bautista 13, DSL Giants Orange 12
DSL Giants Orange Notes:
- Third baseman Yeison Lemos hit his first home run on a 2-for-6 day. Lemos is batting .240/.296/.440 over his first six games, with a pair of doubles and a home run.
- First baseman/right fielder Jadiael Maduro went 2-for-3 with two walks, and hit his first home run of the season. Maduro is 7-for-16 with a double and a home run on the year, and has six walks to four strikeouts.
- Center fielder Estanlin Cassiani went 3-for-5 in the game, making him 6-for-15 (.400) overall on the season. He’s hit all singles so far this year.
- Shortstop Ryan Reckley was 1-for-5 with his first double, his first extra-base hit of the season. Overall this season, he’s 2-for-21 (.095), but with seven walks to eight strikeouts.
- Starter Jorge Martinez gave up eight runs, but just two were earned in 2.2 innings. He allowed four hits and three walks, and was victimized by a third inning 2-out error by Reckley. Martinez has a 2.70 ERA through 6.2 innings so far this season, though with a 1.50 ERA.