It’s a very, very short day today, with just three games. But man, when the opponents have 10 errors in a single game, it’s worth at least looking at, right?
AAA, AA, High-A, & Low-A: Scheduled Day Off
- We’ll be back to the regular schedule of games on Wednesday.
ACL: Scheduled Day Off
ACL: ACL Cubs 4, ACL Giants Orange 3
ACL Giants Orange Notes:
- Third baseman Justin Bench was 2-for-4 with a triple, the team’s only extra-base hit, and also committed his first error of the season. It’s Bench’s first triple of the season, to go with two doubles and a home run. His batting line after nine games is at .345/.444/.586.
- Second baseman Jean Carlos Sio went 2-for-5 with a pair of singles. After 17 games, Sio has a batting line of .254/.333/.365 with two doubles, a triple, and a home run, and eight walks to 16 strikeouts.
- Starting pitcher Mauricio Estrella gave up three runs, two earned, on seven hits and one walk, in 5.0 innings. He struck out just two. It’s Estrella’s first start in five games, as he has a 6.75 ERA with 20 strikeouts to five walks in 22.2 innings so far this summer.
- Reliever Alix Hernandez had 2.2 shutout innings, giving up three hits and striking out six. Hernandez has a 5.28 ERA after five appearances, striking out 24 and walking seven in 15.1 innings.
DSL: DSL Giants Black 21, DSL Cardinals 4
DSL Giants Black Notes:
- This game was the completion of the June 19th game that was postponed before an at-bat was completed. But…the Cardinals might’ve needed more time to get ready. They committed 10 errors(!!!), three in the first inning, as the Giants Black team rolled.
- The team had 21 runs, but only two extra-base hits. Both were by center fielder Rayner Arias, who was 3-for-5 with a double and a triple. Through 14 games, Arias now has six doubles, two triples, and four home runs, and has a batting line of .418/.529/.818 on the summer.
- Right fielder Carlos Concepcion was 3-for-6 with all singles. Through 14 games, Concepcion has a batting line of .237/.333/.322
- Infielder Diego Gonzalez had a perfect game at the plate, going 3-for-3 with a walk. He’s 16-for-47 (.340) to start the summer, with seven walks to six strikeouts for a .429 on-base percentage.
- Catcher Anyelo Gonzalez was 2-for-4 with a walk on the day. Gonzalez has a batting line of .375/.490/.550 over 11 games to start the summer, with eight walks to nine strikeouts.
- The start belonged to Jose Bello, who gave up two runs on five hits and one walk, with five strikeouts. He’s got a 5.14 ERA after four games, with 18 strikeouts to four walks.
DSL: DSL Phillies White 7, DSL Giants Orange 6
DSL Giants Orange Notes:
- Catcher Soyger Brizuela went 2-for-5 with a double, the team’s only extra-base hit, and also got his first steal. Brizuela is 5-for-28 with two doubles and one home run, with two walks and four strikeouts.
- Right fielder Luis Frias was 1-for-2 with two walks. Frias has a batting line of .329/.397/.471 after 15 games, with seven walks against 18 strikeouts.
- Starting pitcher Alfonso Perez gave up two runs in 4.0 innings, on four hits and one walk, with four strikeouts