AAA, AA, High-A, & Low-A: No Games Scheduled
ACL: ACL Giants Black 5, ACL Rockies 4 (10 Innings)
ACL Giants Black Notes:
- Third baseman Wyatt Mathisen went 2-for-3 with his first home run of his rehab in his second game at Arizona. Mathisen had a .152/.263/.329 batting line at Triple-A over 26 games before his injury in Mid-June.
- Catcher Onil Perez was 2-for-3 with his first triple of the summer. Through 22 games, Perez hit .239/.337/.324 with four doubles and the triple.
- Pitcher Jakob Junis made another rehab start, giving up a run on four hits in 2.0 innings, with two strikeouts. It’s Junis’ second rehab start, both of them going 2.0 innings.
ACL: ACL D-backs Red 3, ACL Giants Orange 2
ACL Giants Orange Notes:
- Center Fielder Kwan Adkins had the team’s only extra-base hit with his fourth home run. It was Adkins second home run in three games played, and has a batting line of .271/.344/.506.
- Wei-Chieh Huang made his first rehab appearance, striking out the side while going one inning without allowing a baserunner. Huang hasn’t appeared since June 12th with Sacramento. He had a 7.85 ERA in 12 games in Triple-A with 41 strikeouts to 18 walks in 28.2 innings.
- It’s worth noting Reliever Yoniel Ramirez’s line as a pitcher to end the game, going 0.0 innings, no hits, walks, or HBP, and one strikeout. Ramirez came in with runners on first and second and one out, but let the runners advance on a wild pitch. He then got the strikeout, but on another wild pitch, which the the hitter get to first and the losing run to come in for a “walkoff” win.
DSL: DSL Giants Black 19, DSL CLE Red 12
DSL Giants Black Notes:
- Designated hitter Javier Castillo went 3-for-5 with his second triple of the season. It’s Castillo’s first 3-hit game of the season. Castillo now is batting .246/.348/.421 with three doubles, the two. triples and one home run this season.
- Shortstop Ramon Peralta went 3-for-4 with his first triple of the year, plus a pair of walks. In 7 games since returning in early July, Peralta has three multi-hit games. The triple is his first extra-base hit of any kind this season.
- Third baseman Jean Carlos Sio picked up the team’s only home run in the blow out, his first of the year. Through 17 games, Sio has three doubles, a triple, and a home run while going 12-for-57 (.211).
- Center Fielder Luis Frias went 2-for-6 with a walk, and stole three base to give him ten on the season. Frias is batting .348 (8-for-23) in July, and now has five steals on seven attempts in his last three games.
- First baseman Guillermo Williamson went 3-for-6 with a pair of doubles, giving him eight on the season. In 24 games, Williamson has eight doubles and three home runs while batting .268 (22-for-82) on the summer.
- Starter Mauricio Estrella gave up two runs, both unearned, on three hits, two walks, and a HBP over 6.0 innings, along with three strikeouts. In 26.2 innings, Estrella has a 4.05 ERA with 27 strikeouts to 10 walks.
DSL: DSL Giants Orange 2, DSL Phillies White 0
DSL Giants Orange Notes:
- First baseman Brayan Ferrer was 1-for-2 with a double, the team’s only extra-base hit. It was Ferrer’s second double of the season, the two of which account for his only extra bases. He’s batting .256/.373/.302 through 15 games.
- Right fielder Estanlin Cassiani went 1-for-3 on the night. He’s batting .357/.425/.357 through 23 games, going 25-for-70 but without any extra-base hits, and eight steals in 13 attempts.
- Starter Melvin Pineda went 4.0 scoreless innings, allowing just two hits and a walk while striking out four. It’s the second straight game where he’s gone four scoreless, as he’s lowered his ERA from 8.10 to 4.50 over the two games.