ACL: ACL Angels 4, ACL Giants Black 3
ACL Giants Black Notes:
- Third baseman Elian Rayo hit his fifth double of the summer while going 1-for-2 with a walk. Rayo has a batting line of .250/.385/.440 with five doubles, one triples, and five home runs through 38 games.
- Left fielder Samuel Reyes led the team in hitting by going 2-for-3 with two singles. Reyes is batting .194/.324/.226, and has just one double for his only extra-base hit.
- Rolfi Jimenez had the start, giving up four runs in 4.0 innings, on seven hits and two walks, with three strikeouts. Jimenez now has a 7.18 ERA through ten appearances, three of which are starts. He’s struck out 26 to 14 walks in 31.1 innings.
ACL: ACL D-backs Black 6, ACL Giants Orange 5
ACL Giants Orange Notes:
- Center fielder Kwan Adkins played just five innings, but went 1-for-2 with a home run, his fifth of the season. Adkins now has seven doubles, two triples, and five home runs in 37 games this season. There was no apparent reason for his exit.
- The team’s other home run was by left fielder Donovan McIntyre, who went 1-for-4 to hit his second homer of the season. Through 33 games, McIntyre was batting .181/.299/.313 with three doubles, one triple, and two home runs.
- Starter Gerelmi Maldonado gave up two runs in 3.0 innings, on five hits. He struck out four, as well. Maldonado has 35 strikeouts to 13 walks in 27.1 innings, and has a 3.29 ERA.
- Rehabbing first baseman Logan Wyatt had a short day, playing first for just three innings, and having one plate appearance, resulting in a walk. There was no obvious reason for his early exit.
DSL: DSL Giants Orange 3, DSL Giants Black 2
DSL Giants Black Notes:
- Third baseman Jean Carlos Sio had the Black team’s only hit of the game, going 1-for-2 with a walk, and also picking up his 12th steal. Sio has a batting line of .222/.325/.324 across 34 games, but now also has 12 steals on 15 attempts.
- Starter Fernando Estrella gave up three runs, two earned, on four hits and two walks in 5.2 innings, but also had seven strikeouts. Estrella has a 11.28 ERA, but improved his K:BB ratio, now with 24 strikeouts to 15 walks in 26.1 innings.
DSL Giants Orange Notes:
- Shortstop Jose Ramos picked up his third home run of the summer, going 1-for-3. All three of Ramos’ home runs have come since July 9th. He’s batting .265/.370/.427 on the summer.
- Center fielder Estanlin Cassiani continues to hit, as he led the team by going 2-for-3, picking up his second triple of the season. Cassiani has a batting line of .374/.426/.407 on the season, with just two triples as his only extra-base hits.
- Starter Samir Chires didn’t give up a hit, but did give up a run on three walks while striking out five in 3.0 innings. Chires has 29 strikeouts to 11 walks in 30.1 innings, while holding down a 2.37 ERA.