Kyle Harrison made his return after missing three weeks due to injury, making a very successful rehab start in the ACL, and probably much to the relief to everyone. Plus, the organization made a couple of promotions, including one 2022 draftee who has already made it to Sacramento!
- The Giants made two promotions to Triple-A on the Monday off-day. First was Wade Meckler, the team’s 8th round pick in 2022, moving to his third level of the season in a fantastic first full pro season. In 39 games at Double-A, the 23-year old hit .336/.431/.450 with seven doubles, two triples, and two home runs, with 25 walks to 29 strikeouts. Previously, in 20 games at High-A Eugene, he hit .456/.494/.633 with six walks to nine strikeouts, and six doubles, a triple, and two home runs.
- Also promoted was left-handed reliever Juan Sanchez. The 22-year old in his 5th pro season was having a great season at Double-A, with a 2.39 ERA over 28 appearances, with 52 strikeouts to 20 walks in 49.0 innings.
AAA, AA, High-A, & Low-A: Scheduled Day Off
ACL: ACL Giants Black 3, ACL White Sox 2
Top ACL Giants Black Performances:
- Easily the biggest name of the day is Kyle Harrison, making his return from a hamstring issue that’s kept him out about three weeks. He had a good game, going 2.0 innings, not allowing a baserunner while striking out four. Harrison was last seen on July 4th, after a string of a few games that left his ERA at 4.79 at Triple-A.
- Reliever Tommy Kane, the Giants 19th round pick out of Maryland, had a strong third game, going 2.1 innings, not allowing a baserunner while striking out five. After three games, he has gone 3.2 innings, striking out eight with no walks and one hit allowed.
- Left fielder-first baseman Guillermo Williamson went 3-for-4 with a double and a walk. He’s hitting .281/.404/.523 with seven doubles and eight home runs on his summer.
- Center fielder Cesar Quintas went 3-for-4 with all singles. He’s hitting .394/.528/.514 with ten doubles and one home run on the summer.
Other Notable Lines:
- DH Charlie Szykowny: 2-5, 1 RBI, 2 K
- 2B Damon Dues: 1-5, 2 K
ACL: ACL Giants Orange 3, ACL Mariners 2
Top ACL Giants Orange Performances:
- It’s only been two games, but left fielder Bo Davidson is off to a nice start. The NDFA went 1-for-3 with a home run, and two strikeouts. After two games, Davidson is 4-for-6 (.667) with a triple and a home run, plus one walk to two strikeouts.
- Center fielder Scott Bandura was 2-for-4 with an RBI and a strikeout. After two games, he’s 3-for-6 (.500) with a home run, and two walks to two strikeouts.
- Starting pitcher Alix Hernandez gave up a run in 4.0 innings, allowing it on two hits, four walks, and one HBP, with one strikeout. After 11 games, he’s got a 5.06 ERA, with 50 strikeouts to 19 walks in 37.1 innings.
Other Notable Lines:
- SS Jean Carlos Sio: 1-4, 1 SB (3)
- 2B Ramon Peralta: 0-2, 1 R, 2 BB, 1 K, 1 SB (4)
DSL Giants Black: Doubleheader
DSL: DSL Phillies White 4, DSL Giants Black 2 (Completion of July 17th Game)
DSL: DSL Phillies White 3, DSL Giants Black 2 (7 Innings)
Top DSL Giants Black Performances:
- Samuel Rodriguez had extra-base hits in each of the two games today, combining to go 2-for-6 with two doubles. With that, after 25 games, Rodriguez has six doubles, his only extra-base hits of the season. He’s got 20 walks to 20 strikeouts though. He is hitting .284/.442/.365 this summer.
- Carlos Gutierrez went a combined 3-for-8 with one double, in Game 2, and a steal in Game 1. Gutierrez has a batting line of .382/.485/.509 on the summer after 16 games, with three doubles and two triples, and with ten walks to three strikeouts.
- Jesus Lopez was the starter for Game 2, going 5.0 innings, allowing three run (two earned) off of seven hits and no walks, while striking out one. Lopez has a 5.33 ERA through ten games this summer, with 14 walks to 11 strikeouts in 27.0 innings.
- The team also pulled off a triple play!
Other Notable Lines (Combined for 2 Games):
- Anyelo Gonzalez: 3-8, 1 RBI
- Diego Gonzalez: 3-7, 1 R, 1 RBI
- RP Yojanser Caldera: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 SO
- RP Carlos Gomez: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 SO
DSL: DSL Giants Orange 4, DSL Braves 2
Top DSL Giants Orange Performances:
- Right fielder Luis Frias had the biggest day, going 3-for-4 with a home run and a double, and then stole a base as well. Frias now has two home runs and 12 doubles, along with a triple, and he’s also up to 13 stolen bases in 18 attempts, and is batting .291/.383/.433 on the summer.
- Shortstop Anthony Tandron was also 3-for-4, hitting two doubles, and stealing a base as well. That’s just four doubles in 34 games for Tandron this summer, along with a triple, and he has four steals in ten attempts. He’s hitting .277/.385/.328 this summer.
- Reliever Jose Rojas went 5.0 innings, giving up one run on three hits, one of which was a home run, and no walks, while striking out four. Rojas has made 12 appearances, all in relief, with 17 strikeouts to eight walks in 29.2 innings.
Other Notable Lines:
- CF Lisbel Diaz: 1-4, 1 RBI
- SP Johan Rodriguez: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 1 SO