AAA: Sacramento 9, El Paso 1
- Just sent down to Triple-A, the Giants put Sammy Long into a starting role, though he went just 2.2 innings. Long had 27 strikeouts to nine walks in 26.1 innings in the Majors, along with now 18 strikeouts to three walks in 10.1 innings in Triple-A.
- Jason Vosler hit his second home run in the last three games, giving him nine in 32 Triple-A games.
- Jaylin Davis now has two home runs in three games in August. That gives him 10 home runs in 22 games in Sacramento. Davis also got the opportunity to show off his arm in left field, picking up an outfield assist.
- Mauricio Dubón had a perfect on-base day yet again, with two hits and a walk. He has a .372/.450/.513 batting line in Sacramento now, after 29 games.
- Evan Longoria made his first rehab appearance, knocking in two runs with his only hit.
- Kervin Castro picked up the win with a scoreless inning in relief. It’s the shortest stint that Castro has had since June 22nd, as he had nothing but multi-inning stints in July.
AA: Reading 9, Richmond 2
- Simon Whiteman took a glance at what his future might look like, starting the game at second and then moving to center field later in the game. He hit his second triple while Richmond, and his third overall on the season. He also has three home runs on the season, all of those in Double-A.
- Shane Matheny also hit a triple while pinch-hitting, his first of the season. Matheny’s only gotten into 47 games with a .206/.347/.326 batting line, drawing 30 walks to 58 strikeouts.
- Frankie Tostado hit his 16th double of the season, putting him one off his career high, 17 that he hit in Augusta in 2019.
- Aaron Blair made his third appearance with Richmond, allowing four runs in three innings. Blair also picked up just his second strikeout this season, with just two to seven walks in 8.0 innings.
High-A: Eugene 7, Tri-City 4
- Armani Smith hit his first home run since July 1st, giving him five in 35 games at High-A. Smith is batting .285/.359/.469 in Eugene.
- Tyler Fitzgerald collected a pair of doubles, giving him 22 on the season in Eugene, along with 12 home runs.
- Sean Roby also put up a pair of doubles, giving him 15 on the season. He’s 7-for-20 (.350) after the first four games of August, with two doubles and two home runs.
- Ismael Munguia had his second 3-hit game in the last three games, and added two stolen bases. Munguia has 13 steals in 18 attempts this season, which matches exactly his totals for the 2019 season in Augusta.
- Marco Luciano made his High-A debut with a double in a 1-for-5 day. He finished his San Jose stint with a .278/.373/.556 batting line, with 14 doubles, 3 triples, and 18 home runs in 70 games.
Low-A: Fresno 9, San Jose 4
San Jose Notes:
- Carter Williams hit his first home run since July 25th, giving him six on the season. Williams hadn’t gotten on base in the first three games of the month, with two strikeouts.
- After his excellent July, Glowenke is working on his Augusta, with his first extra-base hit of the month. He’s 3-for-17 to start the month (.176).
- Prelander Berroa had allowed more than two runs in a game only three times in 16 starts before this one, his shortest start since mid-June. Berroa still has 92 strikeouts to 32 walks in 65.1 innings this season.
ACL: ACL Giants Black 9, ACL Padres 5
ACL Giants Black Notes:
- Jacob Gonzalez had a big game, falling a triple short of the cycle. In 17 games in the ACL, he now has four home runs and three doubles.
- Alexander Suarez picked up a pair of hits for the second time in four games, and added his 5th double and 1st triple of the summer.
- Ghordy Santos was 1-for-2 with a double and a walk as he started his summer late, and has only gotten into five games. He has 3 walks to 4 strikeouts in 14 plate appearances.
- Esmerlin Vinicio was strong on the mound again, with his second-highest strikeout total on the season, and allowing just one unearned run. He has 36 strikeouts to 21 walks in 29.1 innings.
ACL: ACL Giants Orange 9, ACL Royals Blue 1
ACL Giants Orange Notes:
- Logan Wyatt powered up for his first home run in the ACL, and second of the season. He’s 6-for-16 (.375) over his last four games, but with no walks to five strikeouts.
- Aeverson Arteaga had his second-straight 2-hit game, and third in his current 6-game hitting streak. His double today was the first extra-base hit of the streak. He’s got a .358/.427/.663 batting line.
- Adrian Sugastey has a 10-game on-base streak, with four multi-hit games during it. He’s 14-for-39 (.359) with three walks to seven strikeouts.
- Sonny Vargas had his best start without question this season, allowing just a hit and no walks with seven strikeouts. Vargas now has 31 strikeouts to 13 walks in 25.2 innings.
DSL: DSL Giants Black Cancelled
DSL: DSL Yankees2 14, DSL Giants Orange
DSL Giants Orange Notes:
- Jhosward Camacho had his second 3-hit day of the summer, raising his batting average from .200 to .257.
- Cesar Quintas hit a double in his second straight game, giving him three on the summer.
- Cristofer Valenzuela had his second straight rough start, letting all five batters he faced on base. Valenzuela has faced 12 batters combined over his last two starts, but has gotten just one out.