AAA: Salt Lake 12, Sacramento 6
- Yermin Mercedes led the way for the Sacramento offense, going 3-for-5 with a home run and a double. The 3-hit game was Mercedes’ first since July 12th while in San Francisco, and fourth of the season with all of his teams. It’s Mercedes five double and sixth home run of the season in 35 games with Sacramento.
- The other Sacramento home run come off the bat of Ford Proctor, who was 1-for-4 with a walk. It was Proctor’s sixth home run with Sacramento, in his 32nd game with the team. That matches how many home runs Proctor had in 79 games with Durham. It also gives him 12 home runs, matching his previous season-high set in 2021 in 97 games at Double-A Montgomery.
- The other River Cat with three hits was Patrick Mazeika, going 3-for-5 with a double. Mazeika is now batting .234/.294/.404 over 12 games as a River Cat, with two doubles and two home runs.
- Andrew Knapp was 2-for-5 with his 7th double with Sacramento. Over 30 games in Sacramento, he has seven doubles and eight home runs, while he had seven doubles and four home runs in 22 games with Tacoma earlier in the season.
- Starter Ronnie Williams had a very rough start. He went 3.1 innings, giving up five runs on six hits and six walks, with just three strikeouts. Williams’ Sacramento ERA jumped to 8.38, with 26 strikeouts to 20 walks in 29.0 innings at the level.
- Michael Stryffeler had a nice, if brief outing at the end of the game, striking out two batters in his 0.2 innings. Stryffeller has now struck out the last five batters he’s face across the last two outings, but still has just a 8.78 ERA with Sacramento over 16 appearances. He now has 23 strikeouts to 16 walks in 13.1 innings.