AAA: Sacramento 2, Albuquerque 1
- Mauricio Dubón knocked out his 8th home run of his Triple-A season. Dubón has had a great 62 games in Triple-A, where he’s hit .333/.412/.502 with 13 doubles, two triples, and eight home runs, with just 36 strikeouts to 29 walks…more walks than he had in 123 games in the minors in 2019 (28).
- Ricardo Genovés only got a single, and got caught stealing, but he’s still having a great run in Triple-A with a .455/.478/.727 line after six games. And besides, as a catcher, stealing isn’t an important part of his game…it was his first attempt all season.
- Sean Hjelle finished off the season on the right note, with a six inning shutout effort, allowing just two hits and two walks with five strikeouts, after allowing eight runs in his last start. He’ll finish his Triple-A debut with 10 starts, an ugly 5.74 ERA and 35 strikeouts to 29 walks in 53.1 innings.
DSL: DSL Giants Black 3, DSL Giants Orange 2
This is the final game of the DSL season.
DSL Giants Black Notes:
- Eliam Sandoval had a huge day, helping propel his team to a win. His 2-home run day are his first with the DSL Black team, in his fourth game with the team. He previously had two home runs on the season hit with the Orange team.
- Mauricio Pierre picked up another hit, the only non-Sandoval hit of the day. Pierre finishes with a .256/.336/.436 batting line on the season.
- Johnny Grullon gave up a pair of runs in three innings. Over his last five starts, Grullon has only had one start in which he’s allowed one run or less.
DSL Giants Orange Notes:
- Samuel Rodriguez had the only extra-base hit for the Orange team, with his seventh double of the season. Rodriguez finishes with a .236/.341/.307 batting line, with seven doubles and one home run on the season.
- German Malave had one of his best starts of the season to cap the year off, with two shutout innings with a hit and walk with two strikeouts. Malave has 23 strikeouts to 16 walks in 26.0 innings this season.