On a shortened Monday schedule, shortstop Ryan Reckley hit his first home run of the summer in Arizona. But so did team leader Guillermo Williamson. And plenty of rehabs continued under the summer sun.
ACL: ACL D-backs Black 10, ACL Giants Black 7 (7 Innings)
ACL Giants Black Notes:
- Shortstop Ryan Reckley went 1-for-4 with his first home run of the summer, but also struck out three times, with an error. Reckley has a batting line of .237/.341/.342 with a double and a home run, and six walks to 16 strikeouts. He already has seven errors in 11 games.
- Left fielder Guillermo Williamson hit his team-leading 5th home run on a 1-for-3 day with a walk. Williamson has a batting line of .353/.436/.853 with two doubles and five home runs, with five walks to 12 strikeouts.
- DH Donovan Walton was 2-for-2 with a double and two walks as his rehab continued. Through seven games, he’s 8-for-20 (.400) with three doubles, and four walks to three strikeouts.
- Rehabbing Sean Roby was playing first, and went 2-for-3, getting his first two hits on his rehab, in his fifth game. He’s 2-for-13 (.154) after those five games, with two walks to seven strikeouts.
- The only pitcher with a good day was Wilkelma Castillo, who threw 2.0 shutout innings, while allowing a hit and a walk while striking out three. In his four game stint at the ACL so far, Castillo has a 0.69 ERA with 18 strikeouts to three walks in 13.0 innings.
ACL: ACL D-backs Red 7, ACL Giants Orange 6
ACL Giants Orange Notes:
- Another first home run of the summer, as first baseman Derwin Laya went 2-for-4 with a home run. Laya has had a total of three home runs in each of his last two summer leagues, one in the DR and one in AZ. After ten games, he’s 9-for-33 (.273) with the home run being his only extra base hit.
- Second baseman Armando Alvarez was 2-for-3 with a HBP and two doubles, giving him three doubles on the season. In eight games, Alvarez is 10-for-28 (.357) with three doubles, and two walks to four strikeouts.
- Randy Rodriguez took the start as part of his rehab, giving up one unearned run on one hit and one walks in 1.0 innings, with one strikeout. That’s two games in the ACL for Rodriguez. He has three strikeouts to two walks in 2.0 inning so far.
DSL: DSL Giants Black 0, DSL Cardinals 0 (Suspended, 1st Inning)
DSL Giants Black Notes:
- Officially, no plate appearances even happened in this game. It’s unclear if this game will be made up.
DSL: DSL Giants Orange 7, DSL Marlins 6
DSL Giants Orange Notes:
- Left fielder Angel Guzman was 2-for-3 with a home run and a HBP. After 11 games, Guzman is 20-for-45, now with two home runs, a triple, and six doubles, with six walks to ten strikeouts. His batting line is a strong .444/.519/.756.
- Center fielder Jose Astudillo went 2-for-5 with a double. He’s 15-for-31 (.484) after eight games, with three doubles, and three walks to one strikeout.
- The pitcher who took the most innings was Moises Gonzalez. Gonzalez went 3.2 innings, allowing a run on two hits, while striking out five. That gives Gonzalez a 4.50 ERA after four games, with 11 strikeouts to two walks in 8.0 innings.