AAA, AA, High-A, & Low-A: No Games Scheduled
ACL: ACL Giants Black 10, ACL D-Backs Black 0
ACL Giants Black Notes:
- Right fielder Jared Dupere had his best day, going 4-for-5 with his fourth home run and fifth double of the season, plus his fourth steal. Dupere hadn’t had more than two hits in a game before this season. It’s his second game in a row with a home run, and third in the last five.
- Third baseman Elian Rayo was 1-for-2 with two walks, hitting his second home run of the season. Rayo’s first home run came back on June 9th. On the year, Rayo has gone just 14-for-65 (.215) with two doubles, a triple, and two home runs.
- Left fielder Mauricio Pierre went 1-for-3 with a walk, his third double, and his second stolen base of the season. Pierre has gone 15-for-50 in 16 games, for a batting line of .300/.364/.420 with three doubles and a home run, but just three walks to 19 strikeouts.
- Starting pitcher Rolfi Jimenez only struck out one in 5.0 scoreless innings, allowing four hits and three walks. In 15.2 innings this season, Jimenez has 11 strikeouts to eight walks.
- Reliever Willian Suarez didn’t give up a hit in 2.0 innings, with five strikeouts but also four walks. Suarez hadn’t allowed a walk in his previous five games, a span of 12.1 innings. On the season, he now has 30 strikeouts to six walks in 15.0 innings.
ACL: ACL Rockies 3, ACL Giants Orange 2
ACL Giants Orange Notes:
- Catcher Freddy Tremaria picked up his first home run of the season, one of the Orange team’s only three hits. Tremaria has gone just 5-for-34 (.147) this season, with one double and one home run, with one walk to 16 strikeouts.
- Center fielder Kwan Adkins went 1-for-3, extending his hit streak to eleven games. He’s gotten more than one hit just once in the streak, going 12-for-37 (.324) over the span.
- Starter Mikell Manzano struck out a season-high nine in 5.0 innings, while allowing a run on three hits and a walk. It was a strong bounceback after giving up six runs in his last start, lowering his ERA from 5.40 to 4.73. He has 41 strikeouts to six walks in 26.2 innings this season.
DSL: DSL Giants Black 8, DSL Nationals 7
DSL Giants Black Notes:
- Third baseman Jean Carlos Sio was 2-for-4 with a walk and his second double. Through 13 games, Sio is batting .214/.292/.310 with two doubles and one triple.
- Catcher Alessandro Duran had a couple of firsts, going 2-for-4 with his first double and first steal of the season. Through 15 games, that double is Duran’s first extra-base hit, as he’s gone 8-for-48 (.167) with three walks to 12 strikeouts.
- Starter Johnny Grullon gave up three runs in 3.1 innings, allowing five hits and three walks, to just two strikeouts. Through 16.0 innings pitched, he has 11 strikeouts to 19 walks this season.
Game 1: DSL Giants Orange 7, DSL BAL Orange 6
Game 2: DSL Giants Orange 4, DSL BAL Orange 3
DSL Giants Orange Notes:
- Center fielder Lazaro Morales had a strong game in Gam 1, going 2-for-4 with his 4th double and two stolen bases. He added a 1-for-3 game in Game 2. Morales is batting .306/.405/.417 with four doubles and two triples on the season.
- Right fielder Estanlin Cassiani went 3-for-6 on the day with a walk and a steal. Cassiani has a 11-game hitting streak going, in which he’s going 13-for-32 (.406).
- Pitcher Victor Moreno made Game 1 his first start of the year in his fourth appearance, going two scoreless innings. But through 6.2 innings, he has just four strikeouts against seven strikeouts.
- Reliever Junior Flores made his debut, striking out the side in one inning of Game 1, while giving up two hits. In 2021, Flores had a 3.50 ERA with 25 strikeouts to 17 walks in 18.0 innings.
- Starter Ismael Mota took the Game 2 start, not allowing an earned run, but allowing two unearned runs on three hits and two walks, plus two errors behind him. Mota has a 1.89 ERA, with 21 strikeouts to 13 walks in 19.0 innings.