AAA: Reno 6, Sacramento 5
- Jason Krizan is enjoying playing in the elevation of Reno, with his second straight game with two home runs. He now has 14 home runs, matching his previous season high from 2019 in 29 less games.
- Steven Duggar hit his first home run of August, giving him an eight-game hitting streak at the end of the month. In 13 games at Triple-A, Duggar is batting .264/.361/.377 with a double, a triple, and now a home run.
- Bryce Johnson got on base three times, with two more walks. He’s got a .296 batting average and a .390 on-base percentage.
- Sean Hjelle had another tough game. Over four games in Triple-A, he’s increasingly given up more runs, from three to six. HIs Triple-A ERA sits at 6.65 with a .344 batting average allowed.
AA, High-A, & Low-A: No Games Scheduled
ACL: ACL Giants Black & ACL Athletics – Forfeit
- It’s not even clear which team made the forfeit, and no indication why it was.
ACL: ACL Giants Orange 12, ACL Rockies 5
ACL Giants Orange Notes:
- Vaun Brown hit his second home run of the summer. Brown hit his first on August 24th, but was removed early out of his next start on the 26th. This was his first game since then.
- Aeverson Arteaga had a 3-hit game, extending his hitting streak to eight games. It was his second 3-hit game of the summer.
- Yeiver Torrealba was 3-for-3 with a pair of doubles, his first two doubles of the season in his 25th game.
- 2021 first round pick Will Bednar made his professional debut with a scoreless inning and no baserunners.
- Willian Suarez took the lion’s share of innings as the third pitcher in the game for the Orange team. It was his longest appearance of the season, and he allowed baserunnrs only by walk (2) and hit batter (one), with a season-high-tying seven strikeouts.
DSL: DSL Giants Black 4, DSL Cardinals Red 0
DSL Giants Black Notes:
- Estalin Cassiani hit his second triple of the season. In 15 games, he’s batting .340/.411/.500 with four doubles and two triples, but no home runs yet.
- Brayan Ferrer hit his second double of the summer, both coming in his last three games.
- Yonathan Ochoa had his shortest start out of six starts this summer, but he also didn’t allow a baserunner in it.
DSL: DSL Yankees2 4, DSL Giants Orange 2
DSL Giants Orange Notes:
- Eliam Sandoval notched his sixth double of the season, the only extra-base hit of the day for the Orange team.
- Miguel Mora took the start, and for the third time this month, allowed one unearned run but no earned runs. Since July 27th, his ERA has dropped from 7.88 to 4.13.