AAA: Sacramento 6, Reno 4
- Heliot Ramos hit his third home run in Triple-A in his 31st game at the level. After his first month, Ramos is batting .261/.328/.429.
- Wyatt Mathisen, 27, was in his second game with Sacramento, and hit his first home run for the Giants farm team. He has six home run with three different Triple-A teams this season, with three in 18 games at Durham (Tampa Bay), and two in 32 games with Tacoma (Seattle).
- Mauricio Dubón finished the month with his second double in as many games, and five doubles in August. He also had two triples while going 23-for-72 (.319) in the month.
- Braden Bishop finished up August with a double, his third of the month, as well as four home runs. In August, Bishop hit .333/.368/.750.
- Logan Ondrusek made his fourth start He allowed two runs, one earned, on two hits and four walks. So far in Sacramento, Ondrusek has struck out 19 to six walks in 17.1 innings.
- According to the Richmond website, the game was postponed to allow for additional testing and contact tracing of members of the Binghamton team they were scheduled to play.
High-A: Eugene 6, Hillsboro 5
- Jairo Pomares had another huge day, hitting two home runs and giving him three in Eugene, his first one coming back on August 19th. Between San Jose and Eugene, he has 17 home runs in total.
- Ismael Munguia picked up a triple for his only hit, but it was enough to extend his hitting streak to 12 games. Over 10 games in August, interrupted by injury, he hit .523/.523/.818, going 23-for-44, with six doubles, two triples, and a home run.
- Logan Wyatt picked up a double, his third since returning to Eugene. He has seven doubles in total at Eugene, along with a triple and a home run.
- Jake Dahlberg gave up a season-high tying nine hits in his shortest outing of the year, 3.1 innings. In seven games at Eugene, he’s got a 7.63 ERA.
Low-A: San Jose 7, Visalia 0
San Jose Notes:
- Patrick Bailey’s run continues, now a hitting streak at seven games, as he hit his second home run over that span, and fifth while with San Jose. He’s 14-for-27 (.519) with five doubles and two home runs over his last seven games.
- Ghordy Santos hit his first triple while with San Jose. He has two doubles, one triple, and one home run in 12 games in Low-A, and one double, two triples and two home runs in 10 games previously in the ACL.
- Carter Williams hit his ninth double of the season in his 40th game. He’s batting .246/.289/.443 in his first pro season.
- Nick Swiney had his first real struggles of the season, but didn’t allow any runs, as he walked three and gave up two hits in 2.2 innings. His ERA remains 0.00 through 12.0 innings at Low-A, albeit with one unearned run.
ACL: ACL Rockies 11, ACL Giants Black 3
ACL Giants Black Notes:
- Rayner Santana hit his second home run of the summer. Santana is batting .171 in 14 games with the team, but with both his home runs and a double. He’s also played seven games with the Orange team, with whom he has three doubles, but was batting .320.
- Richgelon Juliana hit his first double, his first extra-base hit of the summer in his tenth game. He’s batting .353/.500/.412 on the summer.
- Tristan Beck made his fifth rehab appearance, and it was a difficult one. He gave up five runs after just allowing three runs in his first four.
ACL: ACL Giants Orange 9, ACL Cubs 5
ACL Giants Orange Notes:
- Aeverson Arteaga hit his 10th double and eighth home run of the summer. That extended his hitting streak to nine games, and improving his batting line to .325/.398/.550
- Vaun Brown hit a triple, and he now has two doubles, two triples, and two home runs through 15 games this summer.
- The Giants’ 6th round pick Seth Lonsway made his pro debut, pitching a single inning, striking out two.
- Manuel Mercedes made the relief appearance after Lonsway’s opener role in his debut. It was Mercedes’ first relief appearance, and he allowed more runs than in any other but one appearance. That happened partially from giving up two home runs, after he gave up only one other home run all season.
DSL: DSL Giants Black 9, DSL Cardinals Red 3
DSL Giants Black Notes:
- Yeison Lemos followed up his home run with a double and his first triple of the summer. Lemos is 19-for-78 (.244) with three doubles, a triple, and four home runs this summer.
- Brayan Ferrer picked up his third double of the summer, all in his last four games played.
- Ricardo Estrada had a season-high nine strikeouts as he went five innings. Estrada has now struck out 25 in 21.2 innings, with 16 walks.
DSL: DSL Giants Orange 10, DSL Yankees2 9
DSL Giants Orange Notes:
- Jediael Maduro had two hits, and has a little 6-game hitting streak going. He’s 9-for-22 (.409) over that span.
- Ramon Peralta picked up his second double of the season. He has two doubles and a home run among his 14 hits. He’s batting .157/.315/.213 in 27 games in the DSL.
- Cristofer Valenzuela had one of his best outings of the season, holding his opponents to just one run. It’s just the second time in seven starts he’s allowed less than three runs.