Marco Luciano came back to action a few games ago, but had his first legitimate big game back, hitting two home runs in one game for just the second game this season. Wade Meckler also continued his great run in Triple-A, and Yoshi Tsutsugo hit another one out in Richmond.
AAA: Sacramento 4, Sugar Land 2
Top Sacramento Performances:
- After a rough couple of first games back from injury, second baseman Marco Luciano had a huge game for Sacramento. Luciano went 3-for-5 with two home runs on the day. It was Luciano’s second 2-home run game of the season out of 75 in this injury shortened season. It gave him four home runs in 15 games at Triple-A, and a total of 15 including Double-A. He’s hitting .246/.328/.491 at Triple-A after this game.
- Wade Meckler went 2-for-5 with a home run of his own, plus three stolen bases. That’s his sixth home run of the season, giving him two home runs at each of his three minor league levels, at High-A (20 games), Double-A (39), and Triple-A (17). Since returning to Triple-A, Meckler has hits in seven of his eight games, and multiple hits in six of them, going 11-for-31 (.355) with a double and a home run. He also now has four steals on as many attempts in Triple-A, and has 10 steals in 14 attempts in the minors. Overall, he’s hitting .375/.478/.554 at Triple-A.
- Bryce Johnson was 2-for-3 with a double and a walk on the day. That gives Johnson 12 doubles in 59 games at Triple-A this season, which is more than he had in 94 games at Sacramento last season.
- Mason Black had a strong start, allowing only one unearned run in 5.0 innings, off of two hits and two walks, with six strikeouts. Black lowered his Triple-A ERA to 4.04 with 68 strikeouts to 30 walks in 55.2 innings.
Other Notable Lines:
- CF-SS Tyler Fitzgerald: 1-3, 2 BB, 1 K, 1 SB (26)
- RP Parker Dunshee: 2.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- RP Nick Avila: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
AA: Erie 8, Richmond 3
Top Richmond Performances:
- The big hitter for the Squirrels was Yoshi Tsutsugo, who went 1-for-4 with a home run and one walk. That’s four home runs for Tsutsugo in Richmond after 13 games, and 10 walks to 17 strikeouts. He’s hitting .311/.436/.578 in Double-A this season.
- Center fielder Victor Bericoto went 2-for-4 with a double and a strikeout. That gives Bericoto 10 doubles in 50 games at Richmond, and 22 doubles overall including his 71 games at Eugene. Bericoto is hitting .242/.298/.489 on the season.
- Starting pitcher Hayden Birdsong struck out eight, but gave up four runs in 4.0 innings, off of four hits and one walk, plus a wild pitch. He pushed his ERA up to 5.48 after eight games in Double-A, with 33 strikeouts to 13 walks in 23.0 innings.
Other Notable Lines:
- SS-2B Jimmy Glowenke: 2-5, 1 R
- 1B Logan Wyatt: 1-3, 1 K, 1 E (3), 1 HBP
- RP Sam Delaplane: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 1 HR
- RP Clay Helvey: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 4 K