With only two teams still playing, things were a bit slow (including my post…sorry it’s so late), but that’s okay. Except for the pitchers, as both Teng and Murphy suffered. But there was one new Double-A debut to look at!
AAA: Sacramento 8, Sugar Land 4
Top Sacramento Performances:
- Armando Alvarez went 2-for-4 with a home run. After only 77 games, Alvarez is one home run shy of his previous season-high of 18 home runs, that he had in 2022 at Triple-A Scranton Wilkes-Barre. Alvarez is hitting .314/.373/.588 on the season, with 14 doubles, a triple, and 17 home runs in Sacramento.
- The other River Cats home run was off the bat of Donovan Walton, who was 2-for-4. That’s Walton’s fourth home run in 26 games at Sacramento as he’s come back from injury. Walton’s batting line is at .225/.303/.400.
- Kai-Wei Teng was on the down again this week, giving up four runs in 4.2 innings, off of four hits, six walks, and a HBP, with just three strikeouts. Teng’s Triple-A ERA rose to 3.79 after this game, and he now has 90 strikeouts to 44 walks in 73.2 innings.
Other Notable Lines:
- LF Wade Meckler: 1-4, 1 BB, 3 K, 1 2B (3)
- 3B David Villar: 1-4, 2 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 2B (13)
- DH Marco Luciano: 0-2, 1 R, 3 BB, 2 K
- RP Randy Rodriguez: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K
AA: Erie 10, Richmond 2
Top Richmond Performances:
- Third baseman Carter Aldrete led the team in hitting, going 2-for-3 with a double. That gives Aldrete 20 doubles on the season, and his batting line is up to .223/.282/.383.
- Left fielder Ismael Munguia had the team’s other extra-base hit, going 1-for-4 with a double, and a stolen base. Munguia has 14 doubles and six home runs in 74 games at Double-A this season, and is now up to 16 steals in 20 attempts this season, and a batting line of .279/.353/.390.
- It was a really difficult game for Ryan Murphy, as he allowed seven runs in 3.2 innings, allowing four hits, five walks, a HBP and two wild pitches. That pushes his ERA up to 4.26 on the season, with 107 strikeouts to 51 walks in 107.1 innings.
- Making his Double-A debut, Will Kempner gave up one run on 1.2 innings, allowing three hits and two walks with two strikeouts. Kempner had a 2.91 ERA as a reliever in Eugene ahead of this promotion, with 47 strikeouts to 13 walks in 34.0 innings.
Other Notable Lines:
- 1B Logan Wyatt: 1-3
- SS Will Wilson: 1-4, 1 K
- RP Mat Olsen: 1.2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
- RP Tyler Myrick: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB< 0 K