It was a tough loss for the River Cats, as the bullpen blew things in the final inning. Sacramento took the lead on an RBI double by Joey Bart in the first inning, that came very close to two runs if Jason Krizan hadn’t been thrown out at home. Krizan would knock in a run in the third, and Jason Vosler followed with an RBI single to put Sacramento up 3-2. That held until the 9th, when Trevor Gott gave up a 2-run home run with two out in the bottom of the 9th that gave Las Vegas the walk-off win.
- Joey Bart picked a double as his only hit of the day, giving him nine on the season in Triple-A, with eight home runs. Bart has a batting line of .344/.407/.595 in 34 games at Sacramento.
- Jason Krizan now has a 6-game hitting streak, going 9-for-25 (.360) with two doubles.
- Gerson Garabito took the start, giving up a pair of runs in 3.2 innings. He’s struck out 16 and walked 10 in 17.1 innings at Triple-A this season.
- Kervin Castro now has three straight scoreless outings of at least two innings, also without any walks. After a rough start, Castro has worked his ERA down to 3.22, with 19 strikeouts to 14 walks in 22.1 innings.
- Trevor Gott had gone through six scoreless outings before giving up two runs on the home run. It was the second home run that Gott has allowed this season.
AA, High-A, and Low-A all had their scheduled day off.
Arizona Complex Leagues:
- Najee Gaskins hit two home runs, his first of the summer and first of his pro career. The 2019 20th round pick had played 36 games in 2019 in the AZL without hitting any.
- Aeverson Arteaga picked up his third double and first home run. Through six games, he’s 9-for-21 (.429) with three doubles and a home run. He’s walked four times and struck out seven.
- Esmerlin Vinicio struggled through five shutout innings, walking five and giving up a single, though striking out four.
- Manuel Mercedes allowed eight hits and three walks in his second start, going 4.0 innings.
- Alexander Suarez hit his first home run of the season. He had just one in 12 games in the DSL in 2019.
- Adrian Sugastey picked up a double, his first extra base hit of the season. He’s 7-for-19 (.368) on the season.
- Kwan Adkins hit his first home run of 2021. Adkins, a 30th round pick in 2018, had four home runs in 45 games at Short-A in 2019.