AAA: Tacoma 4, Sacramento 2
- Mike Tauchman picked up a double in his second straight game. Tauchman is having a good September, going 10-for-29 (.345) with five doubles, a triple, and a home run.
- Chadwick Tromp got into just his third game of September. He’s 2-for-11 with a pair of doubles on the month. He’s batting .232/.274/.395.
- Matt Shoemaker had a season high in strikeouts with 11, as he threw seven shutout innings. Working almost exclusively as a starter with the River Cats, Shoemaker has a 6.23 ERA with Sacramento.
AA: Akron 5, Richmond 1
- Vince Fernandez picked up his third triple of the season, all hit in the nine games he’s played since August 14th (the team had a week off due to another team’s covid outbreak.)
- Simon Whiteman picked up his 17th double of the season, his first extra-base hit since August 24th. Whiteman has a .244/.342/.355 batting line through this part of the season.
- Trenton Toplikar allowed two runs for his third straight start, but only got a pair of strikeouts. He’s got just three strikeouts over his last two games (9.0 IP). He’s got 84 strikeouts in 88.2 IP.
High-A: No Game Scheduled.
- Due to scheduling conflicts, Eugene will not be playing this weekend, but will return to action on Tuesday.
Low-A: San Jose 9, Stockton 2
San Jose Notes:
- Luis Matos had an extraordinary day, going 3-for-3 with a pair of walks for a perfect day at the plate. He hit his 13th home run and 31st double on the season, as he was named San Jose’s team MVP of the season.
- Najee Gaskins hit his first home run and first double with San Jose in his 10th game with the team. Gaskins has a 7-game hitting streak going, though that streak was interrupted by a nearly 3-week absence. He’s played four games since returning, going 7-for-14 (.500).
- Rodolfo Bone also hit a home run In 24 games this season, Bone has three doubles, a triple, and two home runs.
- Ghordy Santos had another 2-hit game, raising his batting average in San Jose to .302. He’s gotten a pair of hits in four of his last eight games. He has a batting line of .302/.362/.406 over 22 games in San Jose.
- Nick Swiney finally gave up a run in San Jose…but it was unearned, so he still has a 0.00 ERA after six games in San Jose. He’s allowed two unearned runs on 11 hits and nine walks, with 33 strikeouts in 20.1 IP.
ACL: ACL Giants Orange 11, ACL Giants Black 2
ACL Giants Black Notes:
- Ronaldo Flores had the only multi-hit day for his team, notching his seventh double of the season. He’s batting .252/.298/.315 on the season.
- Kanoa Pagan made his return, again, after having missed more than two months. He last appeared on July 3rd. He’d also missed a month and a half after starting the season in San Jose and making his last appearance there on May 12th, then did not appear again until June 29th in the ACL.
ACL Giants Orange Notes:
- Adrian Sugastey picked up just his second home run of the summer with another 2-hit game. He’s had 2-hit games in four of his last five games, and in the fifth, he picked up three walks in four PAs.
- Anthony Rodriguez hit his second home run in as many days, giving him four on the season.
- 11th round pick Donovan McIntyre hit his first home run of the summer in his 14th game of the summer.
- Seth Lonsway, the team’s 6th round pick, made his third appearance, giving up a pair of runs on three hits. It was his second time giving up a pair of runs in a row.
- The two teams were supposed to play a doubleheaders, making up a previous postponement, but the second game was cancelled.
DSL: DSL Giants Orange 12, DSL Giants Black 4
DSL Giants Black Notes:
- Yeison Lemos had just his second 3-hit game of the summer.He’s only gone 5-for-26 (.192) in the month of September across seven games.
- Elian Rayo’s 3-hit game is part of a hot September, in which he’s 8-for-23 (.348) with hits in five straight games.
- Onil Perez had a perfect day at the plate, his second one of the month of September. He also he drew a walk, giving him six on the month and 23 on the summer in 91 plate appearances against nine strikeouts.
- Gerelmi Maldonaldo struggled in his start, going less than an inning for the first time since his first appearance of the season, and allowing almost as many runs as in that game.
DSL Giants Orange Notes:
- Cesar Quintas now has two home runs in as many days after going his first 23 games without one. He’s batting .299/.429/.442 so far on the summer.
- Derwin Laya had his second 3-hit game of the season, raising his batting average from .232 to .256 in the game.
- German Malave got the start on the Orange side, only allowing one earned run out of four runs overall. In six games (20.0 innings) this season, he’s allowed six earned runs but also seven unearned runs.