AAA: Sacramento 2, Reno 1 (10 Innings)
- Heliot Ramos was the star of this game, leading the team in hits by going 2-for-4, having the only extra-base hit in the game with his 14th double of the year. He led off the 10th inning with a single that knocked in the game’s winning run. Ramos is having a solid month, batting .244 (10-for-41) with a double and a home run.
- Andrew Knapp returned to Sacramento after being outrighted a week ago, going 1-for-3 with a walk. Knapp was 1-for-4 with with two walks in three games in San Francisco before that.
- Starter Jonathan Bermudez had his best game in Sacramento, going 3.2 scoreless innings, giving up just one walk with two strikeouts. It’s a strong bounceback after he gave up five runs in each of his first two starts with the River Cats. He’s got a 13.50 ERA in three games with his new team.
AA: Richmond 8, Erie 7 (12 Innings)
- Will Wilson picked up his third home run in four games, going 1-for-6 and hitting a 2-run home run in the 1st inning. Wilson has gone 4-for-20 (.200) with three home runs over those last four games.
- Casey Schmitt went 2-for-6, slightly dipping his batting average in Richmond to .357 with the game. Over his last four games, Schmitt has gone 9-for-20 (.450) with a double.
- Brandon Martorano went 1-for-4 with a triple, his fourth of the season. Over 91 games, Martorano has gone .220/.313/.390 with 16 doubles, four triples, and ten home runs.
- Tyler Fitzgerald hit his 20th double of the year, going 1-for-5. Fitzgerald is having a solid month, batting .263 (15-for-57) with five doubles, and 17 strikeouts to three walks.
- Starting pitcher Landen Roupp gave up two runs in 5.0 innings, on three hits and two walks, with two strikeouts. Roupp will finish the season with a 2.60 ERA over three levels, and a 3.76 ERA in five games at Richmond. He has 152 strikeouts to 37 walks in 107.1 innings.
- Chris Wright got five strikeouts in 2.1 innings, giving up just a run on one hit, a home run, and a walk. He’s got 75 strikeouts to 35 walks in 55.0 innings this season, all in Double-A.
High-A: Eugene leads Vancouver 2 Games to 0 in the Northwest League Championship Series (Best-of-5)
- The series resumes on Friday in Vancouver
Low-A: Game 2: Fresno 7, San Jose 3 – Fresno wins series, 2-0
San Jose Notes:
- Logan Wyatt went 1-for-4 with a double, his first of these playoffs. Wyatt was 2-for-7 in San Jose’s two playoff games with a double and one walk to one strikeout.
- Ghordy Santos went 1-for-4 with a double and three strikeouts on the day. Santos played 64 games this season, and had a batting line of .259/.314/.394 with 14 doubles, a triple and six home runs.
- Victor Bericoto went 1-for-3 with a walk, giving him a 2-for-7 line in his playoffs with San Jose, with a walk and three strikeouts. Bericoto had a batting line of .265/.353/.395 with 19 doubles and 12 home runs on the season.
- Starter Ryan Murphy gave up three runs in 2.0 innings, on three hits and two walks as he continues to come back from injury. It’s Murphy’s second appearance at San Jose, and third overall rehab start after being sidelined from Richmond in early July.
- The loss ends San Jose’s season. Fresno will go on to face Lake Elsinore in the 2022 California League Championship Series.