AAA: Sacramento 6, Las Vegas 3
- Casey Schmitt’s victory tour of his 2022 season continues, as he hit his first Triple-A home run while going 1-for-4. That’s three games in Triple-A, Schmitt is now 5-for-12 with a double and a home run, but no walks to four strikeouts.
- Also having another good game was Heliot Ramos, who was the only River Cat with more than one hit, going 2-for-4 with a double, his 17th of the season. It’s his third multi-hit game over his last four, as he’s raised his batting average from .221 to .227 as the season nears it’s end. Ramos has three doubles and three home runs in September, and two of each have occurred in these last four games.
- Bryce Johnson went 1-for-3 with a walk and his 31st steal of the season. That ties his high for steals in a season, which he last made in 2018 with San Jose (then in High-A). He’ll have one more game to try and set a new career-high. He now has 61 total steals with Sacramento, and has the second most in River Cat history.
- Lewis Brinson was 1-for-3 with a single and a walk. But his biggest contribution to this win was in the field, as he stole away a grand slam from Las Vegas.
- Ronnie Williams had a good game, giving up one run in 4.0 innings, allowing it on five hits and two walks while striking out five. For Williams, it comes after he has allowed 13 runs over his last two starts, giving them up over 7.1 innings.
- Andrew Vasquez struck out two in a scoreless inning of work, giving up a hit and a walk. Vasquez now has a 2.20 ERA in 14 games with the River Cats. That’s as many games as he pitched in Triple-A elsewhere this season, with ten in Buffalo and four in Lehigh Valley. With Sacramento, he has 23 strikeouts to five walks, while he had 18 strikeouts to three walks at the other two cities.
- Joey Marciano also struck out two in his scoreless inning of work, allowing a pair of hits. It’s Marciano’s 56th appearance of the season, all in Sacramento, giving him the new record for pitching appearances in a season with the River Cats. Marciano has a 4.12 ERA with 62 strikeouts to 33 walks in 59.0 innings.