AAA: Salt Lake 10, Sacramento 3
- Jason Krizan had an 0-fer in his last game, but was back to hitting, with his 15th home run on 2 hits. He has eight multi-hit games out of the last ten, raising his batting line to .332/.379/.523.
- Mike Tauchman is getting on a little tear after struggling much of the summer in Sacramento. With his sixth double and first triple at the level, he’s 9-for-20 (.450) with three doubles, a triple, and a home run over his past five games.
- Matt Shoemaker had another rough start, his roughest since his last start agains Salt Lake, in which he gave up seven runs in 4.1 innings. His ERA jumped to 5.19 after five games in Sacramento.
- Bryce Johnson was hitless, but he was showing off a bit in the field.
AA, High-A, & Low-A: Scheduled Days Off
ACL: ACL Rockies 5, ACL Giants Black 2
ACL Giants Black Notes:
- Alexander Suarez had his first multi-hit game since August 21st, a span of nine games. His batting average has fallen from .338 to .306 since then.
- With a pair of hits, Max Wright extended his hitting streak to eight games. He has multiple hits in four of those eight games, and he’s gone 12-for-31 (.387) over that span with a home run and six doubles.
- Starter Tristan Beck came back from his roughest start of the season, allowing three runs, two earned, on six hits, the most he’s allowing in a start since his injury rehab began.
ACL: ACL Cubs 9, ACL Giants Orange 2
ACL Giants Orange Notes:
- Aeverson Arteaga hit his ninth home run of the season, his second in four games played. He’s got a .326/.397/.558 batting line on the season, with 11 doubles, one triple and the nine home runs.
- Vaun Brown hit his third triple of the season on a 2-hit day, his fourth multi-hit game in the last five. He’s batting .339/.471/.625 on the summer over 18 games.
- 6th round pick Seth Lonsway made his second appearance of the season, allowing a pair of runs on two hits, one of them a home run.
DSL: DSL Rangers2 17, DSL Giants Black 8
DSL Giants Black Notes:
- Mauricio Pierre had a big day, hitting his sixth double, his fourth home run, walking twice, and even stealing a base, his third in six attempts this season.
- Oswaldo Ladera picked up his second double of the summer. In 17 games in the DSL, Ladera has two doubles, a triple, and a home run.
- Onil Perez had a perfect day at the plate, going 3-for-3 with two walks. His batting average jumped from .192 to .236, and his OBP from .386 to .427 in the one game. He has 19 walks to 9 strikeouts this season in 75 plate appearances.
- Luis Castillo suffered through a rough start, giving up a season-high six runs on five hits, a walk, and a hit batter. His ERA jumped to 12.10.
DSL: DSL Giants Orange 6, DSL Orioles2 2
DSL Giants Orange Notes:
- Derwin Laya hit his 6th double of the summer, while getting a relatively rare strikeout. In 75 at-bats this season, he’s struck out 15 times to 13 walks.
- 17 year-old Angel Polo got a late start on his summer, getting into just his second game and collecting two hits. His first game was back on August 27th.
- Miguel Mora gave up a pair of runs in five innings, as he struggled to collect strikeouts. He got just one, his lowest total of the season. He now has 30 strikeouts to 11 walks in 29.0 innings.