Only one game was on the docket for Wednesday, as the Double-A playoffs take the day off. Casey Schmitt and David Villar each doubled, while Tyler Fitzgerald swiped three bases in a short day.
AAA: Salt Lake 12, Sacramento 4
Top Sacramento Performances:
- Casey Schmitt went 2-for-4 with a double and three RBI on the day. It was Schmitt’s second game since coming back from San Francisco, and just his second game in the last week as well. It gives him 13 doubles, to go with a triple and three home runs, with a batting line of .310/.351/.439 in 44 games at Sacramento.
- Third baseman David Villar also went 2-for-4 with a double. That gives Villar 14 doubles in 72 games at Sacramento to go with 16 home runs. On the year in Triple-A, he’s hitting .273/.370/.498.
- It was an abbreviated day for center fielder Tyler Fitzgerald, going 1-for-2 with a walk, and notching three stolen bases, before being lifted after five innings. Fitzgerald now has 29 steals in 32 attempts over 102 games at Sacramento, and had three more in 19 games at Richmond. He’s hitting .287/.358/.499 on the season at Sacramento. There was no obvious reason or injury for Fitzgerald to be lifted early, but one report late at night indicated Fitzgerald was getting promoted after Brandon Crawford’s injury.
- Starting pitcher Raymond Burgos went 3.0 scoreless innings without allowing a hit, only allowing one walk while striking out one. It was Burgos’ first start of the season, and first since 2021 in High-A in the Guardians organization. Burgos now has a 5.89 ERA in 10 games at Sacramento, after he posted a 2.17 ERA in Double-A.
Other Notable Lines:
- LF Brett Wisely: 1-1
- DH Trenton Brooks: 1-4, 1 K, 1 SB (7)
- 1B Armando Alvarez: 1-4, 1 K
- RP Randy Rodriguez: 1.1 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K