As things wind down on our minor league season-ending weekend, we see Wade Meckler continue to do nice things in Triple-A, and potentially a season-ending injury for a recent pickup.
AAA: Sacramento 4, Salt Lake 3
Top Sacramento Performances:
- Center fielder Wade Meckler went 1-for-3 with two walks, and a double, which was Sacramento’s only extra-base hit. That gives Meckler four doubles in 23 games at Triple-A. Overall, he has 17 doubles, four triples, and six home runs in 82 games in the minors. He’s hitting .333/448/.487 at Sacramento.
- Left fielder Trenton Brooks went 2-for-3 with two walks. As a Cat, he has 20 walks to 17 strikeouts in 23 games, after he had 57 walks to 60 strikeouts in 94 games with the Aviators. He’s hitting .244/.390/.488 with Sacramento and hit .299/.405/.529 with Las Vegas.
- Right fielder Bryce Johnson was 1-for-3 with two walks and two strikeouts. In 65 Triple-A games, Johnson has 33 walks to 68 strikeouts. Last season, in 94 games, Johnson had the same walk total (33) but with 90 strikeouts, showing a nice improvement in plate discipline. Johnson is hitting .277/.369/.443 on the season.
- Parker Dunshee was the starting pitcher today, giving up one run in 2.1 innings, allowing three hits and a walk, with two strikeouts. He has a 3.93 ERA in 10 games with Sacramento, and has 22 strikeouts to 10 walks in 18.1 innings.
- DH Yoshi Tsutsugo was 0-for-0, but took a walk and got hit by a pitch on the hand in the 4th inning, after which he was lifted after the trainer took a look at it. Tsutsugo has only played four games for Sacramento, going 2-for-9, with six walks to three strikeouts, and now two HBP, so he has a .222 batting average with a .563 on-base percentage.
Other Notable Lines:
- 2B Brett Wisely: 2-4
- RP Randy Rodriguez: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 1 K
- RP Melvin Adón: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 1 K
- RP Juan Sanchez: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K
- RP Nick Avila: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 1 K
- RP Erik Miller: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K